If you have sold your vehicle and transferred its paperwork to someone else’s name, then you will have to deactivate/discontinue your old FASTag immediately.
Fastag (Indicative Image)
If you are selling your car, you should definitely close your FASTag account as well. The new electronic toll collection system launched by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) uses Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) to allow you to make toll payments directly from your prepaid or savings account.
This means you don’t even need to lower your Windows to make a payment. Just drive it to the right place and the machine will let you go. FASTag can be purchased from authorized issuers or participating banks. Selling your car means that the new buyer can enjoy all the benefits of your own FASTag, which of course you would not want to do. So here is how to close FASTag account?
Why is it important to cancel your FASTag?
If you have sold your vehicle and transferred its paperwork to someone else’s name, then you will have to deactivate/discontinue your old FASTag immediately. Otherwise, that person can take advantage of your FASTag and make payment which will be deducted from your account. Also, unless you close your FASTag account, the new owner of your car will not be able to register for his/her FASTag account.
How to close FASTag account?
There are several service providers that have the authority to issue FASTags and they all have different procedures for deactivating or closing the account linked to the FASTag. If you are looking for a fast method that is applicable to all these service providers, then you can contact the customer help team of your provider and make a request. Apart from this, there is also a helpline number 1033 which has been launched by the Government of India to resolve any complaint related to FASTag.
Here are the toll-free numbers along with the process to disable or deactivate FASTag for some common providers…
- NHAI (IHMCL) – Call the customer support number 1033 and you will be informed about the closure/deactivation process.
- ICICI Bank – Call on number 18002100104 and ask them to guide you to close/deactivate.
- PayTM – Call on 18001204210 or login to Paytm App and go to the 24 x 7 Help Desk section. Select the problem type and state your problem.
- Axis Bank – Call 18004198585 or send email to email@example.com using your registered email id.
- HDFC Bank – Call on 18001201243 or log in to the FASTag portal with your credentials, select the service request option and click on generate service request. Then select Closure Request.
- Airtel Payments Bank- Call customer care number 8800688006 to block FASTag account.
read this also-