Image Credit source: File photo
If you too are planning to buy a cheap diesel car, then we have listed down the ten cheapest diesel car currently available in India.
Diesel in the last few years (Diesel Cars) There has been a huge drop in the sales of engine cars. There are many reasons for this, one of them is that many car It has become very costly for manufacturers to upgrade old diesel engines, or make all new engines to comply with BS6 norms. However, the diesel engine is one of the most economical powertrains in the market and is a good option for buyers looking to cover many miles in their car. In addition, even though diesel (Diesel Price in India) Prices are at an all-time high, and fuel prices are rising across the country, yet it is much more economical than petrol. In such a situation, if you also want a cheap diesel (Cheapest Diesel Cars) If you are planning to buy a car, then we have listed the ten cheapest diesel cars currently available in India.
- Tata Altroz: As things stand, the Altroz â€‹â€‹premium hatchback is the cheapest diesel car on sale in our market (with a starting price of Rs.7.42 lakhs). The Altroz â€‹â€‹is powered by a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine that is good for 90hp and 200Nm. This can only be had with a 5-speed manual gearbox option and it gives a mileage of 25.11kpl as claimed by ARAI. The Altroz â€‹â€‹comes with a distinct design and comfort features.
- Hyundai Grand i10 Nios: Second on the list is the Grand i10 Nios which is one of the cheapest diesel cars. While it may seem strange that the smaller i10 Nios is more expensive than the bigger Altroz, it is worth noting that Hyundai only offers it in the mid-spec Sportz trim. Under the hood of the Nios is a 75hp, 1.2-litre diesel engine. It is available with 5-speed manual and AMT gearboxes.
- Hyundai Aura: Like the Nios, the Aura sedan is powered by the same 1.2-litre, three-cylinder diesel engine that churns out 75hp and 190Nm of torque. It can be mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT automatic gearbox, which gives a claimed ARAI mileage of 25.35kpl and 25.40kpl respectively.
- Hyundai i20: The Hyundai i20 is the second premium hatchback in the list and comes with a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine that develops 100hp and 240Nm. Many other Hyundai and Kia models are also included in this engine. The new-gen i20 is spacious, comfortable, and has great driving features. Its engine is only offered with a 6-speed manual gearbox.
- Honda Amaze: Honda Amaze is available with a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine that churns out 100hp and 200Nm when paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox, but outputs 80hp and 160Nm of torque with the CVT automatic. Amaze is the only model in this segment to offer a unique CVT automatic and diesel powertrain combination. ARAI’s claimed mileage is 24.7kpl and 21kpl for the manual and CVT.
- Kia Sonet: Kia’s second model in India – the Sonnet – is one of the most popular models in the compact-SUV segment. Its appeal lies in the long list of features it has to offer, quality cabin and engine and gearbox configurations. The diesel engine is a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder unit that when paired generates 100hp and 240Nm of torque. 6-speed manual gearbox, while it develops 115hp and 250Nm when paired to a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
- Tata Nexon: The Nexon is a comfortable and spacious compact SUV. It offers a variety of powertrain options including petrol, diesel and even all-electric. It is a 1.5-litre turbocharged unit that makes 110hp and 260Nm of torque and can be mated to a 6-speed manual or AMT automatic gearbox. The Nexon also gets a 5-star GNCAP crash test safety rating.
- Hyundai Venue: Q Like the Kia Sonnet, the Venue also gets the option of a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that generates 100hp and 240Nm and is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. However, an automatic gearbox option is not available with the diesel in the Venue. Hyundai is set to launch a facelift for the Venue in May which will get interior and exterior cosmetic updates.
- Hyundai Creta: Creta is currently the most popular SUV for sale in India. It has lots of features. Powering the Creta is a 115hp, 250Nm 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine mated to a 6-speed manual or torque converter automatic gearbox.
- Hyundai Verna: Verna is a midsize sedan that got a significant update in 2020 that brought with it new styling, more technology and more powering options. The diesel engine under the hood is the same unit as the Creta â€“ a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbo-charged unit that is good for 115hp and 250Nm. It gets the option of both a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.