Karnataka Nekar Samman Yojana: In 2020 amidst the Covid pandemic, CMB.S Yediyurappa, the then Chief Minister of Karnataka launched a mega scheme Karnataka Nekar Samman Yojana. It was basically a relief scheme to provide financial support to the destitute weaver of the state engaged in the handloom and textile industry whose livelihood was adversely affected by the pandemic. To save their interests and provide assistance during the tough times, the state government launched the scheme and transferred monetary support to their bank accounts.
The scheme was one of the important parts of the Rs.1610 crore Covid Relief Package released by the Karnataka Government in the year 2020. It was launched by the then CM of the state on 6th July 2020 in Bengaluru. In the first phase, a total of 19,744 weaver beneficiaries were benefitted under the scheme. The scheme has been launched to assist and support the poor weavers (both handloom and power loom) engaged in the handloom and textile industry.
Karnataka Nekar Samman Yojana
The beneficiaries under the scheme are provided yearly assistance of Rs.2000. the amount is transferred to their registered bank accounts through DBT mode. With this scheme, the state government extends its assistance to the destitute weavers in improving their livelihood and promoting their business. The scheme also works for protecting the interests of workers engaged in these small textile and handloom businesses in the state. The implementation of the scheme was carried out by the Department of Handlooms and Textile, Government. of Karnataka.
The assistance under this scheme is provided only to the weavers who are successfully registered in the Seva Sindhu portal of the state. For the year 2022, the registration and application details are yet to be released. As soon as any updates regarding the same will be released we will intimate our readers through this post. To get more insight into Nekar Samman Scheme of the Karnataka Government, one can have a look at this article. Here is everything you need to know about the Karnataka Nekar Samman Yojana.
Key Highlights of Nekar Samman Yojana Karnataka
|Scheme||Nekar Samman Yojane|
|Concerned Department||Department of Handlooms and Textile, Govt. of Karnataka|
|Launch Date||6th July 2020|
|Launched By||BS Yediyurappa|
|Beneficiaries||Handloom workers/ weaver and power loom workers of the state|
|Phase I Year||2020|
|Purpose||To provide financial assistance to the weavers of the state|
|Amount of Financial Assistance||Rs.2000/- per year|
|Mode of Fund Transfer||Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT)|
|2022 Application Dates||To be announced|
Kar Weaver Samman Yojana 2022 Timeline
|Launch of the scheme||6th July 2020|
|Registration and application for 2022||To be notified|
|Last date of registration/ application||To be notified|
|Transfer of funds||To be notified|
Features of Karnataka Nekar Yojana
- The scheme was launched in 2020 to provide support to poor weavers of the state who were affected by Covid-19 pandemic.
- The scheme is being implemented by the Dept. Handlooms and Textile, Karnataka Govt.
- Karnataka Government rolled out Nekar Samman Scheme for both handloom and powerloom weavers of the state.
- The state government has decided not to extend the financial support under this scheme more than the amount of Rs.10.96 crores every year.
- An assistance of Rs.2000/- is transferred to the beneficiaries through the mode of Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- In the first phase on the day of launch of the scheme, 19744 weavers received assistance in their bank accounts.
- The information and details of all the weavers under handloom and powerloom units are submitted with the collaboration of concerned department through the Seva Sindhu portal.
- In the first phase, nearly 40634 applications were received by the officials through the SS portal.
- The identification of beneficiaries under this scheme is to be done on the basis of National Handloom Census list. This concerned authority has all the rights to revise the list of weavers on yearly basis so that no beneficiary is left out.
- The registration and other activities are carried out through Karnataka Seva Sindhu portal.
Significance of Nekar Samman Scheme
The scheme has been very beneficial for the weavers of Karnataka. Have a look at the major significance of the scheme listed here-
- To assist the poor weaver engaged in handloom industry.
- To promote handloom industry of the state.
- To save the interested of the weavers and empower them.
- To increase the livelihood of the beneficiaries.
- To provide them financial security during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The scheme has been launched only for a particular section. Check what are the eligibility conditions required by the citizens to avail the benefit under the scheme mentioned in this section below-
- The beneficiary must be a resident of Karnataka. They must have valid resident certificate.
- All the weavers and financially distressed workers engaged in handloom/ powerloom industry and ancillary activities such as cotton, wool, silk in the state is eligible.
- Prospective beneficiaries must have an active bank account.
Application and Identification of Beneficiaries
- The identification of the prospective beneficiaries is done by the concerned officials on the basis of national handloom survey data. Although this data/ list is revised every year so that more eligilbel weavers can avail the benefits.
- The data of the applicants is uplaoded on Seva Sindu portal by theh authoried person. Therefore applications for the scheme are accepted through the online portal.
- However, there is no proper information regarding the application/ registration process is available yet. Any update regarding the same shall be updated here.
- In case of any issue regarding the scheme, citizens can visit the concerned department/ official or the nearest CSC centre. They can also visit Seva Sindhu portal.
The given steps can be followed by the beneficiaries to check their dashboard and other information related to the scheme-
- Go to the official website of Karnataka Seva Sindu Nekar Samman Yojane. The link is provided below.
- Enter Username and Password (as provided at the time of registration).
- Click on “Login” button.
- Beneficiary dashboard will open.
- Navigate to the respective section.
For the latest and upgraded information about the 2022 application process, readers can visit the Seva Sindhu portal as well as this page on a frequent basis.
How to Reset Karnataka Nekar Samman Yojana Login Password?
In case, users wish to reset the password they can do so by clicking on the respective link given on the login page. They can follow the instructions given here to reset the login password-
- Open Sign-up portal following the same steps as mentioned above.
- On the login page, click on “Reset Password” button.
- Fill in the username, Current Password, Reset Password and confirm password. All these entries are compulsory to be filled.
- Click on Reset button.
- The login password will get changed. Use the reset password for further logins
In order to apply for the scheme, one must have to follow documents ready with them-
- Aadhaar Card
- Ration Card
- Proof of Resident
- Bank Account Details
- Income Details
- Mobile Number
- Other required details
Without the required documents, and especially without bank account details, applicants will not be avail to receive the benefit.