ITR Filing Last Date: If you also pay income tax and you have not yet paid tax, then this news is going to prove to be of great relief for you. Yes, the date of filing Income Tax Return (ITR Filing Last Date) has been extended by the Central Government. Now income tax payers will be able to file ITR till March 15. It has been decided by CBDT i.e. Central Board of Direct Taxes that now the date of filing income tax 15 March has been done till date. Let us tell you that last year it was said by the government that no approval will be given to extend the time period for filing income tax returns and the last date for filing ITR will remain December 31, but the deadline has been extended by the government. Let us know that the date for filing ITR has been extended till the end.
ITR Filing Last Date: Due to Corona, ITR file date increased once again
As you all know that the situation in the whole country is not good. Due to the Corona epidemic, the condition of the country and abroad is not good at all. In such a situation, it has been decided by the Central Board of Direct Taxes that due to the situation of Corona, income tax payers are facing a lot of difficulties and difficulties in filling ITR. In view of these problems, the deadline for filing ITR has been extended.
ITR Filing Last Date In the notification issued by CBDT, it has also been said that due to the problems and problems faced during e-filing of various audit reports under the provisions of Income Tax Act 1961 The deadline has also been extended.
So many ITRs have been filled so far
According to the latest data of the Income Tax Department, so far 5.36 crore income tax returns have been filed for the financial year 2020-21. This information has been given by the department on Twitter that for the assessment year 2021-22 till 8 pm on Thursday, more than 5.34 crore income taxes have been filed.
How to file ITR through portal
- First of all a citizen has to visit the official website of Income Tax https://www.incometax.gov.in to file Income Tax Return.
- After which you have to click on the given option of login here.
- Now you have to enter your PAN (Permanent Account Number) in the User ID.
- After that you have to click on the given option to continue.
- Now you will get a Secure Access message, you have to confirm it.
- After that click on continue.
- Now you have to select the option through which option you want to receive OTP through SMS or Voice call.
- After selecting an option, you click on enter.
- Now enter the OTP received and login.
- After this, a dashboard for e-filing will appear in front of you.
- Here you can fill the asked information and after filling the information, you can submit.
ITR Filing Last Date