If you too have not received the tax refund money yet, then let us know some measures and procedures with the help of which the refund money can be easily found. For this, you will have to submit a request to the tax department.
If the bank account is not valid, then the refund money will not be received.
You have duly filed the Income Tax Return, also filed it on time. By the last date July 31, all the work related to tax returns has been completed. Despite this in your account refund of tax return has not come. If so, then it is something to consider. Usually, if the return is filed on time, processed and verified, then the refund money does not get stuck anywhere. But sometimes it is delayed. This delay is not due to the government or the tax department, but due to some discrepancy in filing the return or due to lack of documents.
If you too have not received the tax refund money yet, then let us know some measures and procedures with the help of which the refund money can be easily found. For this, you will have to submit a request to the tax department. Its process is like this.
- First of all login to the Income Tax Portal www.incometax.gov.in.
- Here click on the Services tab and select Refund Reissue. It will appear in the drop down menu.
- Click on Refund Reissue Request button (This tab will be activated only if the refund of the taxpayer has failed).
- Select the Create Refund Reissue Request option. Tick the box and confirm the acknowledgment number, press the Continue button.
- Check the bank name in which you want the refund money. Tick the box and click on Proceed to Verify.
- Refund money will come only in the validated bank account. The status of this account should appear as Validated.
- You have to provide your existing bank account number and IFSC code of the branch.
- E-verify the Digital Signature Certificate with Aadhaar OTP.
- You will see a message that says Submitted Successfully. Along with this, the transaction ID will also be there.
- Click on View Refund Reissue Request.
Refund can also be taken in this way
- Go to the dashboard of Income Tax Portal and click on Pending Action
- A new tab will open with the name of Refund Remaining Unpaid. Then click on Refund Reissue.
- You will be redirected to a separate page where you have to click on Create a Refund Reissue Request.
Before adopting all these measures, you have to check whether the ITR is processed or not. This will happen only after the ITR is filed and it will be verified. If ITR is not verified, it becomes invalid. Then it is meaningless to expect a refund.