England beat Pakistan by 5 wickets in the final of T20 World Cup, the target of 138 runs was achieved by the English team in 19 overs.
Image Credit source: PTI
England defeated Pakistan in the final of T20 World Cup 2022. Batting first, Pakistan scored only 137 runs, in response, the English team achieved the target 6 balls already. In the final, Ben Stokes scored an unbeaten 52 for the team and before that Sam Curran took 3 wickets for 12 runs in 4 overs. There were 5 heroes of England’s victory in this tournament. These five players won the T20 World Cup for the second time by showing amazing with the ball and the bat.
- The first hero of England’s victory was Sam Curran, who took 13 wickets in 6 matches. Karan’s economy rate was only 6.52. Karan took 5 wickets for 10 runs against Afghanistan, which was his best performance. Karan was adjudged player of the tournament.
- The other big hero of England’s victory was its captain Joss Butler. Butler was the highest run-scorer for the team. Butler’s bat scored 225 runs at an average of 45. Butler’s strike rate was also more than 144. Not only this, his captaincy was also top in this tournament.
- Alex Hales was the third hero of the team’s victory. This player, who returned to the English team after the controversies, went on in this T20 World Cup, Hales scored 212 runs at an average of more than 42. His strike rate was more than 147.
- Alex Hales’ fourth hero was Ben Stokes. This player appeared to perform average in the entire T20 World Cup but in the final this all-rounder showed his top game. Stokes scored 110 runs in the tournament at an average of over 36 and took 6 wickets.
- Mark Wood was the fifth hero of England’s victory. This player made a new record in the T20 World Cup at his own pace. Mark Wood has covered more than 30 150 kms. Throw the ball at the speed of one hour. Along with this, he was also the fastest bowler to throw the ball in this T20 World Cup. Even though this England bowler did not play in the semi-finals and final due to injury. But still Mark Wood performed brilliantly by taking 9 wickets in 4 matches.
Today’s big news