According to UIDAI, it is no longer possible to use your Aadhaar number to access government schemes. If you want to get benefited from any government or non-government program then you have to do an important update.
UIDAI An important update has been made in the Aadhaar card by According to UIDAI, it is no longer possible to use your Aadhaar number to access government schemes. If you want to get benefited from any government or non-government program then you have to do an important update. UIDAI Has given information about this upgrade by tweeting. UIDAI’s official tweet states that you should always keep your POI and POA documents updated.
If your POI and POA are not up to date then you will not be eligible for any government or non-government program. UIDAI said on its official Twitter account that to avail various government and non-government services, always keep your ‘POI’ and ‘POA’ documents updated in your Aadhaar. To update POI/POA documents in your Aadhaar, online fee of Rs 25 and offline fee of Rs 50 will have to be paid.
How to update POI and POA in Aadhaar?
- On Aadhaar card, a person can change his address, name (minimum changes), date of birth and gender online. You can change, update or modify your Aadhaar card information online in this way.
- Go to the Aadhaar Self-Service Update Portal.
- Click on â€œLoginâ€ in the new open window.
- After entering your 12 digit Aadhaar number and captcha code, click on â€œSend OTPâ€.
- To access your Aadhaar account, enter the OTP sent to the mobile number registered in the UIDAI database.
- To make changes in your name, gender, date of birth, address and language on your Aadhaar card, click on â€œUpdate Aadhaar Onlineâ€ under â€œServicesâ€.
- On the next page select â€œProceed to update Aadhaarâ€.
- Select the Aadhaar information to be updated and press the â€œProceed to Update Aadhaarâ€ button. However, keep in mind that there is a limit to the number of updates or corrections you can make to your Aadhaar.
- At this point, you can see your information as it appears on your Aadhaar card. Enter the information you want to edit or change, then upload scanned copies of the required paperwork.
- Please review the preview of the newly updated details before paying the online update cost of Rs.50 (Non-Refundable) through Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
- An Update Request Number (URN), which can be used to check the progress of the Aadhaar update request, is generated after the payment is made. It can take up to 90 days to complete the upgrade process. You can print your Aadhaar card after it is updated and downloaded.
list of documents
- pan card
- voter ID card
- PDS Photo Card / Ration Card
- driving license
- Service Photo ID Card issued by PSU/ Photo ID Card issued by Government
- Photo identity card issued by a recognized institution of education
- NREGA job card
- Arms License
- photo credit card
- photo bank atm card
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- pensioner photo card
- Kisan Photo Passbook
- Postal Department issued address card with name and photo
- ECHS/CGHS Photo Card
- Certificate of Identity containing a photograph issued by a Tehsildar/Gazetted Officer on a letterhead
- State/UT Governments/Administration issued Disability Medical Certificate or Disability ID Card
- Bhamashah Card
- Identity Certificate with photo issued by MLA/MLC/MP/Municipal Councilor on letterhead
- Certificate from the Head/ Warden/ Superintendent/ Matron of a recognized educational institution.
- rsby card
- Gazette notification in case of name change
- SC/ ST/ OBC certificate having a photograph
- sslc book with a picture
- marriage certificate with a photograph
- For rural areas â€“ Identity proof with photo issued by Mukhiya or Gram Panchayat head