Bank Holidays: Some bank holidays are national, on which day there is a holiday in the banks of the whole country. Apart from this, there are also regional holidays which are implemented on the basis of festivals of the states. Banks of all the states do not close at the same time during these holidays.
Banks will remain closed for 13 days in December (PTI)
Bank Holidays: Banks will remain closed for 13 days in the month of December. Accordingly, decide your work schedule from now. If any important work related to the bank is pending next month, then once bank holidays Do check out the list. You will know from the list on which day your bank branch is open. This will avoid unnecessary wastage of time. However, the work of banks will continue online. Internet banking And UPI The work done by it can be easily dealt with. Apart from 4 Sundays, there are also second and fourth Saturdays in the holidays falling in December.
Here is the complete list of holidays
- December 3 – Saturday – St. Xavier’s Feast – Bank closure in Goa
- December 4 – Sunday – Bank closed – all over the country
- December 10 – Saturday – Second Saturday – Banks will remain closed across the country
- December 11 – Sunday – Holiday – Bank closed across the country
- December 12 – Monday – Pa-Tagan Nengminja Sangam – Bank closed in Meghalaya
- December 18 – Sunday – Holiday – Bank closed across the country
- December 19 – Monday – Goa Liberation Day – Bank closed in Goa
- December 24 – Saturday – Christmas and Fourth Saturday – Bank closed across the country
- December 25 – Sunday – Holiday – Bank closed across the country
- December 26 – Monday – Christmas, Lasung, Namsung – Bank closed in Mizoram, Sikkim, Meghalaya
- December 29 – Thursday – Birthday of Guru Gobind Singh Ji – Bank closed in Chandigarh
- December 30 – Friday – U Kiang Nangwah – Bank closed in Meghalaya
- December 31 – Saturday – New Year’s Eve – Bank closed in Mizoram
Some bank holidays are national, on which day there is a holiday in the banks of the whole country. Apart from this, there are also regional holidays which are implemented on the basis of festivals of the states. Banks of all the states do not close at the same time during these holidays. At the national level, banks will be closed simultaneously on 3,4,10,11,18,24,25 in December. These holidays will be due to Sunday and second-fourth Saturday. On December 24, due to Christmas and fourth Saturday, banks will be closed simultaneously in the whole country.
At the regional level, banks will remain closed in Meghalaya on December 12 because that day is a holiday in the state on the occasion of Pa-Togan Nengminja confluence. December 19, Monday is Goa Liberation Day, so the banks of Goa will remain closed on this day. Mizoram, Sikkim and Meghalaya will remain closed on December 26 on the occasion of Christmas, Lasung and Namsung. On December 29, on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh, the banks of Chandigarh will be on holiday. Banks will remain closed on New Year’s Eve in Meghalaya on December 30, U Kiang Nangwah and in Mizoram on December 31.
RBI issues list
The list of bank holidays is issued by the Reserve Bank. The Reserve Bank releases the list for the whole year in one go, seeing which information about holidays can be obtained. The Reserve Bank issues holidays in three categories which include ‘Holiday Under Negotiable Instruments Act’, ‘Holiday Under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday’ and ‘Banks Closing Account’. Under these three categories, all bank branches in the country, including government, private, foreign, cooperative and regional banks, all remain closed.