Virat Kohli also improved his already excellent T20 record against Australia and also became India’s second most successful batsman.
Image Credit source: BCCI
India and Australia In between, the way the T20 series started, it also ended in exactly the same way. Heavy rain of runs. Tremendous excitement and a lot of ups and downs in all three matches. Indian Cricket Team And for the fans, the series finale was even more spectacular because after losing in the first match, the Indian team won two consecutive matches and won the series 2-1. Akshar Patel in Hyderabad, Virat Kohli And with the strong performance of Suryakumar Yadav, India won the match by 6 wickets.
Highlights of India’s victory
In this entire match, some players performed amazingly from India’s side, while Cameron Green also did amazing batting from Australia’s side. Team India also created a new world record with this victory, beating Pakistan. What was the specialty of this victory, know here-
- With this victory, India won the 21st T20 match in 2022. With this, India broke the record of Pakistan (20) for winning most T20 matches in a year. Pakistan did this amazing last year itself.
- India registered its 10th win at home this year, the most for any team in a year. Team India has played 14 matches in India so far this year, in which 3 were lost and 1 was inconclusive.
- Virat Kohli played a useful innings of 63 runs in this match, which was his 33rd fifty in T20. He has the most fifties in T20Is.
- This was Kohli’s eighth fifty against Australia. Not only this, he scored more than 30 runs in an innings for the 10th time against Australia in T20 Internationals, which is the highest such score against a team.
- Not only this, Virat Kohli has left behind his coach and team India’s great batsman Rahul Dravid in terms of highest runs in international cricket. Kohli’s name has scored 24078 runs in all formats and now he has come at number two for India. There is only Sachin Tendulkar (34357) for India ahead of him.
- Suryakumar Yadav played a tremendous innings of 69 runs, which was his fourth half-century this year. With this, he became the highest run-scorer in 2022. Surya has 682 runs in 20 innings, with an average of 37 and a strike rate of around 183.
- Apart from this, Suryakumar Yadav, batting at number four, has become the batsman to score the most T20 half-centuries in a year for India. Surya (4) broke the record of Yuvraj Singh (3).
- The series was not very good for Indian pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar, but he has become the highest wicket-taker in T20 in a year. Bhuvi (32) broke the record of Andrew Tye (31) of Australia.
- Not only Indian players, Australia’s young opener Cameron Green also made a record. He became the fastest batsman to score a half-century in T20Is against India. Green broke the record of Johnson Charles (20 balls) hitting fifty in just 19 balls.