Image Credit source: File photo
The sub-compact SUV recently secured a 4-star rating in crash tests conducted by Global NCAP under its Safe Cars for India initiative.
If you are also planning to buy a safe car this year, then this can be helpful news for you. Global NCAP (Global NCAP) Recently, the list of India’s safest car has come out. Under which Toyota Urban Cruiser (Toyota Urban Cruiser) Has emerged as one of the safest cars on Indian roads. The sub-compact SUV recently secured a 4-star rating in crash tests conducted by Global NCAP as part of its Safe Cars for India initiative. Hyundai Cruiser to Urban Cruiser (Hyundai Creta) and was put up for testing along with other Indian cars like the i20. The sub-compact SUV managed to oust the Honda Jazz, which was earlier considered to be one of the safest hatchbacks in India. Here’s a look at the 10 safest cars currently on sale in India
- Mahindra XUV700: Mahindra XUV700 remains the safest car on Indian roads. The flagship Mahindra SUV went through the Global NCAP crash test last year and got a five-star rating. The SUV is packed with safety features like seven airbags, electronic stability program, 360-degree camera, blind view monitoring and advanced driver assistance system with front collision warning, automatic emergency braking, lane keep assist, lane departure warning, smart pilot assist, high Beam Assist included.
- Tata Punch: Tata’s latest SUV Punch also scored well in the security ratings in the Global NCAP crash test. It is currently considered to be the second safest car in India with a five-star safety rating for adult safety and a four-star rating for child safety. It is also the third vehicle from Tata to get this protection after the Altroz â€‹â€‹in January 2020 and the Nexon in December 2018.
- Mahindra XUV300: Mahindra XUV300 was the first among Mahindra cars to get a five-star rating in the Global NCAP crash test. It received the Global NCAP’s first ‘Safer Choice’ award for achieving high levels of safety performance. Before the Tata Punch, the XUV300 received the award safety rating of any Indian car ever tested.
- Tata Altroz: Tata’s premium hatchback Altroz â€‹â€‹is currently India’s safest car in its segment with a five-star rating in the Global NCAP crash test. It also has a three-star rating for child occupant protection. Altroz â€‹â€‹comes with safety features like ABS, traction control, central locking, EBD, ISOFIX (child-seat mount), 2 airbags.
- Tata Nexon: Tata Nexon Among the sub-compact SUVs currently available in India, Tata Nexon is the safest as per Global NCAP ratings. The SUV earned a five-star rating for adult occupant protection and a three-star rating for child occupant. The Nexon gets safety features like dual front airbags, ABS brakes and ISOFIX anchorages.
- Mahindra Thar: The off-road SUV was Mahindra’s first car to enter the Global NCAP list of the safest cars in India. It was pitted for testing late last year when it earned a four-star rating for both adult and child. The Thar SUV offers two airbags as standard, ABS, EBA, EBD, hill assist, ISOFIX (child-seat mount) as one of its safety specifications.
- Honda City: The 4th generation City sedan earned a four-star rating in the secure category for both adults and children in the global NCAP testing. The City sedan was tested to its most basic safety specifications fitted with two frontal airbags, ISOFIX Anchorage and ABS. The City currently offers security features like six airbags, ABS with EBD, vehicle stability aid, hill start assist.
- Tata Tigor EV: Tata’s electric sedan was the first electric vehicle (EV) of the Global NCAP to be tested. Currently one of the best selling electric models in India, the Tigor EV has garnered a four-star safety rating for both adult and child. In terms of safety features, the Tigor EV comes with dual airbags, ABS, EBA, EBD, ESP and more.
- Toyota Urban Cruiser: Toyota Urban Cruiser has been placed at number nine in the list, leaving Honda Jazz out of the list. The Urban Cruiser SUV, which earned a four-star rating, was tested among its most safety specifications fitted with two frontal airbags and an anti-lock braking system (ABS). Toyota offers the Urban Cruiser other safety features like EBD, ISOFIX (child-seat mount), hill assist, reverse parking sensor and more.
- Tata Tigor/Tiago: The Tata Tigor/Tiago hatchback and the Tigor subcompact sedan are at par in terms of safety standards. Both Tigor and Tiago scored four stars for adult occupant protection and three stars for child occupant protection. Both the cars get two airbags as standard security devices.